We are searching for motivated people who love providing exceptional customer service in the culinary business and who flourish in a fast-paced setting.
- Address: 171 10412 102 Ave NWEdmonton, Alberta, ABT5J 0B4.
- Pay: $15.50 per hour, thirty-five hours per week
- Conditions of employment: Permanent Work: Full time Day, Night, and Morning
- Date of start: begins as quickly as feasible
- Openings 2 Confirmed
- Education Languages English No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Not a diploma, certificate, or degree
Will be responsible for training:
- Give clients a pleasant welcome, correctly take their orders for food and drink, and offer advice and information about the menu.
Sandwiches, snacks, drinks, and desserts should all be quickly prepared and served in accordance with client preferences or set recipes.
- To correctly process orders, manage payments, and issue receipts, operate cash registers or point-of-sale (POS) systems.
- Throughout the shift, keep the condiment stations, dining area, and food counter tidy and organized.
- Keep an eye on the food and beverage inventory levels, replenish supplies as necessary, and alert management about low-stock products.
- Maintain food safety and hygiene standards by abiding by health rules and using appropriate sanitation techniques.
- To guarantee customer satisfaction, politely and quickly respond to any questions, issues, or complaints from customers.
- Work together with the culinary crew and other team members to make sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently
- While not necessary, prior customer service experience is preferred, especially in the food service sector.
Exceptional customer service abilities combined with a personable and kind manner.
- Capacity to multitask, operate in a fast-paced workplace, and take pressure when things become hectic.
- For managing cash transactions and running cash registers, basic arithmetic abilities are required.
- It is advantageous to know about food safety and hygienic requirements.
- The ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekend, holiday, and late hours.
- Packaged food for takeout
Divide and wrap meals.
- Attend to patrons at buffet tables or counters.
- Receive orders from clients.
Who can apply to this job?
Applying for this position is only open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and temporary residents.
- Your work permit for Canada is still valid.
- Please do not apply if you are not allowed to work in Canada.
- Your application will not be answered by the employer.
How to apply
By electronic mail at [email protected].
Promoted till December 20, 2023
To assist you better comprehend this food counter attendant, here are some often asked questions:
- What does an Attendant at a Food Counter Do? Workers in cafeterias, concession stands, and fast-food restaurants are known as food counter attendants. In addition to handling financial transactions and keeping the counter area neat and orderly, they also accept orders and serve food and beverages.
- What are the main duties of an attendant at a food counter? Greeting patrons, collecting orders for meals, preparing and serving food, accepting cash or electronic payments, and keeping the serving area tidy are all part of their duties.
- What abilities and traits are necessary for a Food Counter Attendant to succeed? Excellent customer service, effective communication, attention to detail, the capacity to multitask in a hectic setting, rudimentary arithmetic abilities for managing transactions, and a warm disposition are all considered essential characteristics.
- What duties does a food counter attendant usually perform? Food counter attendants maintain the eating area tidy, take correct orders, assemble food orders, run cash registers or point-of-sale systems, replenish condiments, and give menu item information.
- What role does a food counter attendant have in ensuring patron satisfaction? They are vital to delivering a satisfying eating experience for patrons because they make sure orders are correct, serve food quickly, respond politely to questions, and keep the dining room tidy and welcoming.
- What kinds of obstacles may a food counter attendant encounter at work? Managing a large number of clients during peak hours, effectively managing time, processing intricate or customized orders, and keeping your cool under pressure are some possible challenges.
- Which gadgets or instruments do food counter attendants often use? To ensure hygiene, they frequently employ order-taking software, cash registers or point-of-sale systems, cooking utensils, and cleaning supplies.
- What prospects for advancement do food counter attendants have? Food counter attendants with experience can go into managerial positions or into the hotel industry. They can also graduate to supervisory responsibilities.
- How would you advise someone who wants to work as a food counter attendant? Acquire experience in providing customer service, hone your communication abilities, educate yourself on food safety laws proactively, and be flexible in a hectic work environment.