Watson Brown Foundation has announced its Scholarship for undergraduate students from Savannah River Valley.
The sponsor of the Scholarship (Brown) has an ambition of supporting students residing in and near Savannah River Valley through his generous Program.
Guess what? Brown was raised in Savannah River Valley too. So you have a high chance of being selected into the Program if you are from the Eligible region.
However, it’s important to take good care of all the program policies. Each application will be reviewed manually by the committee.
The selection of the beneficiaries will be according to the committee’s determination.
Key Information Of Watson Brown Scholarship
Read the key information of the Watson Brown Scholarship program.
||Requires full-time undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university in the United States with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and residency in one of the 23 eligible counties in Georgia or South Carolina.
||Offers up to $10,000 per academic year, renewable for up to four years.
||Accepts applications until March 1st.
||Selects based on academic achievement, financial need, leadership potential, and commitment to community service.
||Contact the Watson-Brown Foundation at 201 W. Broad St., Thomson, GA 30824, or call (706) 595-0648.
The Watson-Brown Foundation is a private foundation that provides need and merit-based scholarships to select Georgia and South Carolina students attending accredited four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
The foundation was established in 1970 by Walter J. Brown, who believed that a college education was the best avenue toward success and fulfillment.
To be eligible for a Watson-Brown Foundation scholarship, students must be from one of 23 qualifying counties in Georgia or South Carolina.
They must also have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and demonstrate financial need. The application process for Watson-Brown Foundation scholarships is open from October to February each year.
It would be best to meet the program criteria before applying.
The foundation offers both need-based and merit-based need scholarships. Applicant can choose the one that meets his requirements.
- Applicant must provide their High School Transcript.
- A recommendation letter is required, you are advised to write a high-quality scholarship letter and highlight why you are eligible for the Program.
- Applications are expected to be submitted before the deadline otherwise they will be rejected instantly.
- You must be from one of the following counties.
- SOUTH CAROLINA
A comprehensive student must be deeply concerned with the scholarship deadline of the Program.
Knowing the program deadline will help you prepare your transcripts and recommendation letter well.
The deadline for the Watson Brown Scholarship is February 8th, 2024.
Watson Brown Scholarship Amount
The foundation will reward the qualifying students with $10,000 per academic year. The money can be used to cover educational expenses.
To apply for the Watson Brown Scholarship program you will need to provide all the required information on the scholarship page.
- First Name and Last Name: make sure you use your legal name as written on all your transcripts.
- Recommendation Letter is mandatory, be sure you highlight your strengths and how the Scholarship will help you to empower it.
- Make use of a valid E-mail address to make sure you receive feedback.
- Apply for the scholarship application here.