Scholarship promotes Academic Excellence by providing opportunities for qualified students and reducing their financial barriers.
It doesn’t matter who you are as long as you are interested in pursuing your academic career. Gates Millennium Scholarship is here to help you achieve your dreams.
The scholarship will provide financial support to the students who passed the review and were selected by the committee.
However, knowing that every student must meet the criteria is important. Otherwise, the committee might reject your application.
Applicants should follow a step-by-step guide, read these criteria well, and ensure they meet them before applying.
Key Information Of The Gates Millennium Scholarship Program
||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
||Promote academic excellence and provide financial support for outstanding minority students with significant financial need
||African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students with high academic achievement, demonstrated leadership skills, and significant financial need
||Support for the cost of education, including tuition, fees, books, and room and board
||Yes, for students maintaining satisfactory academic progress
||Yes, for continuing Gates Scholars pursuing graduate studies in computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health, or science
The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program is a scholarship initiative. It was established to support outstanding minority students from low-income households pursuing higher education.
The Millennium Scholars program will reduce the financial barriers to qualified students by presenting awards to them.
It doesn’t stop there. The program also aims to provide students with the necessary resources to complete their undergraduate program.
- Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): N/A
- Study in: United States
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Computer science
- Library Science
- Public Health,
- Tuition fees: The scholarship will provide the total tuition fees to the qualified students. Amount may be paid to the student’s college account.
- Room and Board: Gates Millennium understands how overwhelming it may be for students to pay for their Room and Board fees, so it provides it.
- Books and Supplies: students will enjoy the books and supplies allowances while focusing on studies.
This is one of the most important parts to which every applicant must pay attention. Applicants must be willing to meet all the scholarship criteria.
Here are some of the criteria.
- High School GPA: All applicants must maintain a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Academic Rigor: as far as you are concerned with the approval, you must demonstrate a rigorous academic record. This may include challenging coursework and Advanced Placement (AP).
- Leadership Potential;
- Applicants may be required to present their proof of commitment to their society. This may be through extracurricular activities or volunteer work.
- Initiative and Problem-Solving: Applicants who can identify and solve problems effectively are the first to serve.
- Graduate Funding Eligibility:
- Graduate Studies Pursuit: Continuing Gates Scholars may request funding for graduate studies in computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health, or science.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress: Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout their undergraduate and graduate studies to retain scholarship funding.
You must follow these simple steps to apply for the Gates Millennium Scholarship program.
Provide the required documents and materials. This may include
- High school transcript
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Standardized Test Scores (if applicable)
- Personal Statement
- A letter of recommendation, also known as a scholarship letter
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):
- Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Residency
Once you submit your application, you must wait for the scholarship committee review.
You may be contacted through email or phone number.
Read More Related Content